In This Article
Are you in need of some cute and easy Punch Needle patterns to try out or get started on your Punch Needle journey? You’ve stumbled upon the right little patch of the internet!
We have free and downloadable Punch Needle patterns ready to go; no email and gimmicks are required. Why? Because you probably get enough of that sort of hassle, and we’re the cool site that gives it to you simple and easy.
So what’re we waiting for? Let’s get our craft on and check out these free Punch Needle patterns and answer a couple of frequently asked Punch Needle questions!
Free Punch Needle Patterns
In the section below, you’ll find the free download for a document full of fun, simplistic, and easy Punch Needle patterns for you to start crafting and punching away! These designs can be quite versatile, too; you could make them into pot holders, patches, garlands, or even coasters!
We’ve chosen the images and Punch Needle patterns we have because not only are they sweet, but they’re simple designs to start off with. If you’re new to Punch Needle, they assist in a more relaxed Punch Needle experience since there not complex but still fun.
Here’s how you can start getting your craft on with our Punch Needle patterns:
- Download the document below by clicking on the download button
- Look through the designs to find ones that tickle your crafting fancy
- Print off the document or separate pages
- Cut out a design you want to Punch Needle
- Trace the design onto your embroidery hoop (Get tracing hacks here!)
- Start punching away at your new and fun design!
These designs can also work for Embroidery Punch Needle patterns!
Punch Needle Patterns Hack
Who doesn’t love a good crafting hack? Well, we’ve got a good Punch Needle hack for you, and wouldn’t you know it, it pertains to this very topic of patterns!
If looking through our patterns didn’t light up your crafting buttons, or they inspired you about another idea, but you’re not sure how to make it happen, here’s how we can help. You can make your own Punch Needle patterns for free using Canva! Canva is a terrific and free service (Although there are premium plans, but the free version is packed FULL of awesome images, features, and more) where you can design your own patterns by searching through their graphics.
You can do this by:
- Going to Canva
- Creating a blank document
- Clicking on the Elements button on the left side
- Typing your desired Punch Needle idea (Ex: Potted Cactus)
- Sizing it the way you’d/Print it off
Canva is one of those extremely helpful and versatile sites that you can’t help but recommend. There’s that old saying that too much of a good thing is a bad thing … but not when it comes to Canva!
Now that you know our awesome Punch Needle hack, let’s dive into some frequently asked questions you may be wondering yourself.
Punch Needle Pattern Questions
There are a lot of questions that can start swirling when discussing Punch Needle patterns. Below we’ll link to a few very helpful articles if you have specific questions about other Punch Needle mechanics. We’ve got your back!
We hope those Punch Needle articles are helpful to you and answer all your punchy questions! Now, let’s head down to a few more Punch Needle patterns related questions.
How Do You Get a Pattern on a Punch Needle?
You’ve found awesome Punch Needle patterns, now how do you get a pattern on a Punch Needle? An important step to get down before you get punching around!
Let’s break down how do you get a pattern on a Punch Needle into a few easy steps:
- Cut out your Monks Cloth to the size of your Embroidery Hoop (leave at least 2 inches around the sides)
- Fasten your Monks Cloth to your Embroidery Hoop and ensure that it’s taut (Watch our video on securing Monks Cloth in our Car Cup Coasters article!). If your fabric is loose, your loops won’t be able to stay in place.
- Using a lightbox or placing your Hoop over your screen, trace the design onto your Monks Cloth
It’s as easy as that! You can also try free-hand drawing your Punch Needle patterns onto your Monks Cloth if you’d like; more power to ya! Let’s mosey on down to our last Punch Needle patterns question.
Can You Use Embroidery Patterns for Punch Needle?
Can you use Embroidery Patterns for Punch Needle? The short answer is yes, but the long answer is wweeellll maayybbeee. Let’s get into it, shall we?
Embroidery and Embroidery Punch Needle require the use of Embroidery Floss, which is much thinner than the yarn that’s used for Punch Needle patterns. Because of this, Embroidery Punch Needle patterns can have a bit more flexibility for detail.
Now, this doesn’t mean that you can’t use Embroidery patterns for Punch Needle, but there are some key things you should know:
- If you’re using an Embroidery pattern for Punch Needle, you may lose some of the finer details.
- Especially if your finished side is going to be the looped side, since the loops are typically big and fuzzy.
- If you are using an Embroidery pattern in place of Punch Needle patterns, consider modifying it a bit so it’s not as detailed and have your finished side as the flat stitch side.
- You may also want to use a medium-sized Punch Needle instead of the standard one if you’d like to save some of the details possibly.
Woohoo! You’ve got yourself some free Punch Needle patterns that are ready to go. Who knows what you’ll make out of them, maybe a car coaster or a fun patch for your jacket– the possibilities are endless.
We hope you enjoy these Punch Needle patterns and you have a super duper crafty-lovely time; cheers to the Punch Needlers!