Looking for an easy arts and crafts project to do with the little humans to help them spread some love and joy? We’ve got you covered. Using our free Valentine’s Day printables and materials you probably already have around the house you’ll have a sweet little way to say, “Be Mine” in no time!
For our project we used the following supplies:
- Printable Valentine’s Pages
- A sheet of pink scrapbooking paper
- A sheet of red cardstock
- Crayola Super Tips Washable Markers
- A scissors
- A glue stick
- Washi tape (optional)
- Love message writing prompts for the inside of the card (optional)
Don’t worry if you don’t have the specific items we listed above. You can substitute with whatever items you have on hand. We’ll discuss various alternatives along the way.
- [Dimensions] - One package includes 40 rolls of masking tape with fashionable designs. Each roll of washi tape is 0.59 inches (15mm) in width and 9.8 feet (3m) in length, so there is plenty of tape for all kinds of craft activities!
- [Unique & Exquisite Design] - In this premium set, all the paper tapes are colorful and unique with the newest designs, including cute, universe, snowflakes, gems, hearts, leaves, geometry, cartoon, and solid colors. Delighted your art life.
- [Versatile Use] - Small tape with big use. Perfect arts & crafts supplies for decorating planners, bullet journals, and scrapbooks. Filling scrapbooks, photo albums, and journals with these gorgeous masking tapes is a wonderful choice. Make unlimited use of your creativity!
- [High Quality] - KUNMINGER Decorative tape is made of high-quality materials and produced with Japanese paper. You can remove it and easily stick it again without leaving any residue. It’s suitable for kids and adults.
- [A Pretty Gift Set] - This brightly colored masking tape set contains 40 rolls of different and unique decorative tapes. It’s very easy to use in your life! Perfect present for trendy teens and artsy kids. Your friends will be amazed by the creative gifts and decorations you will make with this tape!
How to assemble your DIY Valentine’s Day Card
DIY Valentine’s Day card assembly instructions
- Step One — Printing the Printable:
The first step is printing out the Be Mine Penguin printable on either plain paper or a light colored cardstock if you prefer. You can print these any way you’d like. Want to make a giant card? Print out just one on a standard size sheet of paper. We opted to print four per page on our printer so we could make multiple cards to send to all our friends and family. After all, sharing is caring.
- Step 2 – Cut the Printable:
Next, if you printed multiple printables on a single page, use a scissors to cut them down to size. Are you incapable of cutting a straight line? The Cricut paper cutter is a great way to get those crisp clean edges. You can even “cut” them out with no scissors. Gently tear the sections appear leaving a jagged torn edge for a chic homemade look too.
- Step 3 – Color the Cuties:
Get your creative mind in gear and grab your favorite coloring tools. We used Crayola washable markers, but you can use anything. Do you prefer crayons? Go ahead. Colored pencils? Use them too. Only have a pen or pencil? Get creative and draw patterns inside the objects to decorate that way. There is no right or wrong answer here. You are only limited by your creativity.
- Step 4 – Make the Card:
Now grab your red cardstock and fold it to make your typical card. Since we used a standard 8.5 x 11 sheet we just folded ours in half. Again you can make it any size or shape you want as long as it’s bigger than your printable. Want to add another layer to your card like we did? Just use a complimentary color of paper as a frame for your printable. We took a piece of scrapbooking paper we had and cut it out just slightly bigger than our printable and smaller than our card.
- Step 5 – Assembly:
Last, but not least, put it all together. Grab the glue stick and glue the printable to the frame (if you are using one) or directly to the card. That’s it! You’re done. Don’t have a glue stick? No worries, you can use anything else you have in your supplies. Clear tape is an easy way to stick it together. What about washi? Yep, you can use that too. It’s a great way to attach the printable and provide a border at the same time. No tape or washi either? How about labels or stickers? You can use practically anything you have on hand. As we said earlier, there is no right or wrong way. Just have fun with it.
Once you’ve got your final card all created, we want to see it! Drop us a comment with a link to your photo in the comments below, or email us a picture of your amazing at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to check out your work and share it with our other repurposers here on Repurpsing Junkie!