In This Article
Searching high and low for vision board ideas? There are plenty of places to pick and choose inspirations and aesthetics, but when it comes down to the core and foundation of your vision board, it’s more than okay (smart even!) to seek some guidance and direction.
Creating a vision board can be a terrific motivation tool, and an excellent way to teach yourself the empowering power of positive self-talk. It may sound a little far out there, but research has shown what major impacts positive self-talk has had on people’s lives when they learn it, practice it, and use it daily. Adding positive quotes for vision board is a beautiful way to be sure you’re creating the best board you can for yourself!
Whether you’re already created your own vision board, or you’re looking for vision board ideas before you get started, we’re here to make your growth and wellness journey fun, adventurous, and insightful!
Get ready to ride the inspiration waves, they’re coming in hot!
Vision Board Ideas
When it comes to vision board ideas, it’s essential to ask yourself first, “What do I want to gain and learn from my vision board?” This determines some more detailed avenues you can explore; details are like sprinkles for vision boards: the more, the better!
TIP: Get yourself some paper and a writing utensil and create your own list of goals, positive/uplifting messages, and what the best version of yourself looks like to you. Throw on some nice background ambiance, get cozy, and try to clear your mind of any negativity, pressure, or stress. Sometimes it’s easier said than done to clear your mind; we totally get that. What we’re saying is to perhaps try to enter this activity with an open mind and with the intention of doing something awesome, relaxing, and fun for yourself.
Below, we have some brainstorming lists of goals, sections, and themes you could incorporate into your own vision board. You can mix and match, or come up with something completely new!
What’s fantastic about this project is that there isn’t a wrong way to go about it. As long as you’re being kind to yourself, the sky’s the limit. With that being said, let’s get to the vision board ideas already!
Goals: Vision Board Ideas
One of the big elements of vision board ideas is to embrace the goals you have in mind for yourself. What do you want to accomplish this year? What’s something you’ve been pushing off for months, but you’d feel so great if you got it done? Ask yourself, “What do I want to accomplish?“
We definitely want to encourage you to strive and pour time and energy into your goals, but we don’t want you to stretch yourself too thin or set the bar too high. Not to say that you can’t aim big; please do! But work yourself up to it; otherwise, you may experience burnout, and that may lead to a discouragement of making progress on your goals or setting new goals for yourself.
In short, start with smaller goals to gain more confidence in accomplishing your goals and work your way up to the big goals. You can do this!
Here’s a list of broad goal ideas for your vision board:
- Complete household project(s)
- Learn to enjoy working out
- Create a routine that’s healthy for me
- Finish a creative project
- Quality time with family
- Date nights with significant other
- Learn a new skill/practice the new skill
- Work on mental and emotional health
- Get out of comfort zone
- Travel more
- Living in the moment
Please take the time to write out a list of goals and vision board ideas that fit into your life and what you want to see in your near future. This step is super important, and it can be very self-reflective and insightful!
Sections: Vision Board Ideas
This is another branch off of the vision board ideas, and that’s to section off your vision board into different categories. Let’s say that you have more than one set of goals, and they’re fairly different; you want to put them all on the same board, but you don’t want to mix things together. This is where sectioning off your vision board can come in handy!
You can simply do this by using string or decorative tape to section off your board into a few different categories, or you can space things out.
- Inner Peace
- Physical Wellness
- Work Goals
- Healthy Reminders
- Creativity Goals
Your vision board can truly be whatever your heart desires; have fun with it and get creative!
Themes: Vision Board Ideas
Your vision board doesn’t necessarily have to have a theme, but sometimes it’s fun to toss one in! Especially if you’re creating your own graphics and pictures for vision board, it can come in handy to have a theme picked out.
A theme can range from a color palate to specific aesthetics. We’ve got a list here that you can bounce ideas off of!
- Dark Academia
- Shades of a particular color
- Big City
- Light Academia
- Good vibes
There’s an endless supply of vision board themes; cruise through the wonderous lands of Pinterest to inspire yourself with more aesthetic and theme vision board ideas!
Quotes: Vision Board Ideas
Quotes, messages, and pictures are really what make a vision board pop and give that desire to keep coming back and embracing it daily. Printing off, drawing, painting, or writing quotes and messages are all okay, as long as you have a good mixture of positivity, motivation, and inspiration.
Looking for some good quotes? Check out this uplifting list of 197 Quotes for Vision Boards! Here are a few examples of quotes to get you started:
- “Stop measuring days by degree of productivity and start experiencing them by degree of presence.” – Alan Watts
- “The most important decision you will ever make is to be in a good mood.” – Voltaire
- “There is no old you to get back to. There’s a new you to create and nurture.” – Anonymous
- “Don’t lose your authenticity.”
- “Good news: you get to choose which frequency you live in. Make it magical AF.” – Unknown
- “Do more things that bring you real and honest joy.” – Anonymous
- “The world is big, and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir
- “What if you do get everything you’ve always wanted and then some more?” – Anonymous
- “I am more than my measurements.”
- “Your body hears everything that your mind says.” – Unknown
- “Trust your path; let your soul lead the way.”
Pick out quotes that fit your vibe and goals, and quotes that intrigue you enough to read them every day. Finding the perfect quotes is half of the fun!
Vision Board Party
This isn’t directly a vision board idea, but it is a fun idea involving vision boards, and that’s throwing a vision board party!
What is a vision board party? It’s a gathering of friends/family that have the same goal in mind: to better themselves and strive to flourish in their near future.
To throw a vision board party, you’ll have to ask your guests to provide their own physical boards and any specific pictures they may want, but aside from that, here are some elements you can include in your vision board party to make it a blast!
- Gather Supplies: Break out the crafting box, fire up the printer, and make sure you’ve got some extra scissors and tape! These are the basic necessities one needs to put their vision board together, but there are all sorts of ways you can get fun and creative with making your own vision board. You can also ask your guests to bring the basics with them, in case there may not be enough to go around. Sharing is caring!
- Put a playlist together: Who doesn’t love some feel-good, positive, upbeat music? Putting some music on in the background during collaboration and work time can be a great way to start a journey like this off on a positive and fun note. With a vision board being brought into the world, surrounded by such a fun memory, and with people who support one another, there’s no telling where this adventure will lead!
- Get some snacks: There’s going to be a lot of creative brain power at use here, so people are going to need their energy. So, bring on the snacks!
- Good vibes all around: Do your best as the host and friend to encourage your guests and keep the good vibes going. Creating this kind of environment can encourage your guests to give it their all with their vision board ideas, and even inspire them to reach for their goals and dreams.
We hope these vision board ideas have inspired, empowered, and motivated you in your growth and flourishing journey. Remember to show yourself kindness, shower yourself with imagination and possibility, and remind yourself that you have the power within you to achieve your goals and dreams.
If you need someone to believe in you today, we can count us in! Why, you made it all the way through this article; you’re all in, and we love the determination. You got this!