In This Article
We get it, you have a ton of things to think about when starting a vinyl crafting project. We found that a common problem people face is which brand of transfer tape is best to use with their adhesive vinyl projects.
Here’s our list of several different transfer tapes with their pros & cons to help you narrow down your choices when shopping for crafting transfer tape.
An inexpensive product for users who aren’t willing to pay an arm and a leg for, you’ll find Siser transfer tape an incredibly user friendly piece of equipment, so you won’t find yourself fiddling about with the product and in fact quite the opposite.
The product is made specifically to pick up your graphic and transfer your design onto a smoothly finished surface. It comes with a 1” square pattern to make sure that you have aligned everything you need to instead of doing it by eyesight.
Another brilliant feature of Siser transfer tape is that it can be used with lots of different cutting tools like, CM250, CM650WX, Curio and scanNcut.
- Siser is a very affordable product.
- It works with plenty of different cutting machines.
- Comes with an alignment grid so nothing is out of place.
- Cannot be reused.
- Will not work with textured Vinyl.
- Siser EasyPSV Transfer Tape is now available in many sizes
- To be used with all Siser EasyPSV Pressure Sensitiv Vinyls and most other Self Adhesive Vinyls
- Genuine Siser Application Tape is Clear with a White Grid and Siser Logos
- Great for use with Silhouette Cameo, Portrait, Curio, Brother ScanNCut 1 & 2, CM100DM, CM250, CM550DX, CM350R, CM350, CM650W, CM650WX, Cricut and many other cutting machines.
- Specifications: PVC Composition, Stay flat liner, Semi-gloss finish, Medium tack
The Frisco Craft Transfer Paper Tape is perfect for any type of material that you want to transfer your design onto, it works great with metal, plastics, ceramics and glass, the list really could go on.
You won’t be wasting lots of time doing your transfer with this product as it only takes up to 3 minutes for it to be complete. It has a width of 12” and a length of 50”, making the bigger design very easy to handle.
- 50 inches in length and 12 inches in width
- Works with plenty of different materials
- Only 3 minutes for the transfer to be finished
- No measurement grid
- GREAT VALUE - compare & save; it comes with a total of 50 feet long roll (That's 40 more BONUS feet than other transfer tape brands) Amazon BEST DEAL EVER!
- CLEAR TAPE - it allows users to see their designs while transferring them; Exceptional clarity for easy registration of multiple colors or layers and precise registration
- PREMIUM TACK - sticky enough and versatile; suitable for standard adhesive vinyl
- EASY APPLICATION – great option in layering vinyl designs, it transfers well and has cut lines for easy alignment and positioning applicable for Indoor and outdoor use
- SIGN AND CRAFT MAKERS TRANSFER PAPER CHOICE - We are sign makers ourselves and we guarantee you will love our application transfer tape OR YOUR MONEY BACK!
The TapeManBlue transfer tape is probably the best on the market for working with textured vinyl, it can even pick up glitter. It is also made in the US so like previously stated with some of the others on this list can be expected to be of high quality.
The TapeMan Blue Vinyl Transfer Tape is also an incredibly large 12 x 300 foot roll, so you won’t find yourself repeatedly buying it. One roll should last you some time.
It also works well with cutting machines that have been previously mentioned. Unfortunately with this product due to it being incredibly sticky you can find yourself struggling to get all of the Vinyl onto a surface.
- Easy to use.
- Works lots of different cutters.
- Lasts very long.
- Does not have a grid you will be eyeballing your alignments.
- PREMIUM, MULTI-USE TRANSFER TAPE: This 12 inch wide x 300 foot long roll of clear, high tack, vinyl transfer tape/ vinyl application tape is made for Cricut, Silhouette Cameo, and other craft die cutters. This is a great way for anybody to transfer a graphic or decal from your paper to a surface! However you choose to use this versatile transfer tape, whether that is applying a vinyl graphic to a sign, a car, or any other applicable surface, you can be assured of its quality and performance.
- CLEAR FILM: The clear vinyl transfer tape roll allows for precise application of vinyl letters, stickers, and graphics. You will not have to guess whether or not your graphic is on straight or misaligned because you can see as you transfer it. This means no second guessing, no double and triple checking, and no need to remove a graphic that was placed poorly because you could not see where you were applying it. This high-tack transfer tape allows you to pre-mask with confidence.
- CLEAN REMOVAL: While the adhesive on this vinyl transfer tape will keep everything securely in place, it can be removed cleanly and easily: no air bubbles, no tears, no marks. This means that not only you do not have to worry about the clear contact paper moving or coming up before you want it to, you also do not have to worry about the adhesive from the transfer tape leaving frustrating, sticky marks behind on your vinyl graphics.
- AMERICAN-MADE: With 100% American-made materials, this clear transfer tape for vinyl is made in the U.S.A. for guaranteed quality. While many brands will source their production and materials from other countries to save a quick buck, we are dedicated to going the extra mile in order to provide quality transfer tape for vinyl. Not only does this help stimulate the American economy, it is also much more ecofriendly than shipping materials and products in from other countries.
- EASY TO USE: With a quick, simple, and hassle-free application process it is easy to use on a variety of vinyls, including Oracal 651. Professionals and novices alike can put this 12 inch transfer tape to work due to its ease of use and simple instructions. The removable adhesive is extremely user friendly. This means that even if you have never used a high tack transfer tape before, you can quickly figure out how to put it to use and easily apply your decals and graphics.
The YRYM HT Clear Vinyl Transfer Paper Tape is a 12 X 50 foot roll of tape meaning that its a good sized product for most medium to large sized designs.
If you find that your designs are normally on the larger side you’ll find this product very useful to have lying around.
This Vinyl tape is medium tack which means it’s sticky enough to pick up the vinyl but not sticky enough to leave you struggling to place the design onto a smooth surface.
This product also works well with indoor and outdoor adhesive vinyl. It does come with a measurement grid also however, this one is a ½” inch grid.
- Works with indoor and outdoor adhesives.
- Easily transferable to smooth surfaces.
- ½” grid for your precise needs.
- Doesn’t work with textured vinyl.
- 【EASY RELEASE NO RESIDUE】Clear Transfer Tape for Vinyl 12 inch that does not leave a sticky residue on your vinyl and won’t rip or tear your project! This Vinyl transfer tape is perfect alignment paper so your projects go on straight.No mess and no fuss!
- 【CLEAR RED GRID】The 1/2” see through red grid lines makes transfer tape for vinyl easy to measure and cut your vinyl transfer tape without waste. What's more, our transfer tape roll is also tear resistant.
- 【MEDIUM TACK】 Not too sticky that you can't transfer your designs, but sticky enough to easily lift your project and transfer it to your surface. Effortless, our transfer tape for vinyl is trouble-free and user-friendly for all project, even more smaller works.
- 【WIDE APPLICATION】Our vinyl transfer tape roll is designed to work with Indoor/Outdoor Adhesive Vinyl including Cameo, Silhouette, Provo Craft, Cricut Vinyl, Pazzles, oracal vinyl and much more. But it can't work with HOLOGRAPHIC VINYL, GLITTER VINYL or HTV. Easy transfer to any smooth surfaces like sign stickers, windows, walls, ceramics, glass, etc.
- 【GREAT SERVICE】We have confidence with our transfer tape for vinyl. We will try our best to make you fully satisfied with your transfer tape. However, if you are pleased with the vinyl application tape, please help us share it with more craft lovers or any social medium you own.
It’s difficult to know what size tape you’re looking for when you’re just starting out, luckily, this product is a 12” X 50” giving you a wider area to work with, this leaves you with the ability to try larger projects.
This too comes with a ½” measurement grid to help with your precision while you’re cutting the tape. This tape being a clear one means that whilst you’re lining everything up right you can also see exactly what it is that you are doing.
- ½” measurement grid.
- Clear tape.
- Compatible with many cutting tools.
- Very strong adhesion can be difficult to remove.
- 【Clear Blue Grid】 The 1/2” see through blue grid lines makes transfer tape for vinyl easy to measure and cut your vinyl transfer tape without waste. No problems with air bubbles!
- 【Medium Tack Transfer Tape for Vinyl】 Not too sticky that you can't transfer your designs, but sticky enough to easily lift your project and transfer it to your surface Effortless, our clear vinyl transfer tape is trouble-free and user-friendly for all project, even more smaller works.
- 【Premiun Vinyl Transfer Tape】Premium transfer tape for vinyl w/ grid is efficient, more precise and easy to transfer your designs and will make sure you have done your job in the most effective way. Definitely meet all your projects need, Paramount Rated than other brands.
- 【Wide Application】Our vinyl transfer tape is designed to work with Indoor/Outdoor Adhesive Vinyl accessories. It will work with Cameo, Silhouette, Provo Craft, Pazzles, oracal and much more.This transfer tape for vinyl can easy transfer to any smooth surfaces like sign stickers, windows, walls, ceramics, glass, cups etc
- 【GREAT SREVICE】 We have confidence with medium tack Transfer Tape for Vinyl. We want to make you fully satisfied with vinyl transfer tape you received. However, if you are pleased with the Transfer Paper for Vinyl, please help us share it with more craft lovers or any social media you own.
When picking the correct tape for you, we think that Craftopia has hit it out of the park, being 12” x 25” it’s perfect for those medium sized projects that you’re working on.
It is also clear tape giving you the perfect ability to see exactly what you’re doing, when you’re doing it.
It too has a 1” measurement grid making the lining up process that much quicker and easier to get right when cutting and transfering your projects. Oh and did we mention that this also works on indoor and outdoor adhesives.
- clear tape helping you see what you’re doing.
- 1” measurement grid.
- Works with both indoor and outdoor adhesive.
- 12” X 25” is not the worst thing in the world but is considerably smaller than some of the other products mentioned.
- ✂️ Feeling Crafty? Total of 8 Feet Roll that let you choose the perfect size for any art project. 8 feet lets you craft to your heart's content with a better quality than any other Cricut Vinyl brands. Make this apart of your Cricut Accessories!
- 👍 Sign and Craft Makers' Transfer Paper For Vinyl Choice - We are sign makers ourselves and we you will love our application transfer tape! You'll Love the Premium Felt Tipped Sign Squeegee Also.
- 🔥 So Quick and Easy To Transfer Your Vinyl Design - See your vinyl decal and sticker designs through the clear tape and use the alignment grid for straight pick up. SQUARE GRID pattern helps you get all of your crafting projects perfect!
- ⚙️ This Vinyl Transfer Paper Will Work With All Indoor/Outdoor Adhesive Vinyls including Craftopia sparkles glitters holographic vinyl, Provo Craft Circuit vinyl, Oracle 651 Silhouette Cameo or Portrait vinyl, Puzzles, and much more! ! !
Used by both professionals and beginners so if that doesn’t give you the confidence that you need to proceed, what will?
The product is also clear to help you place everything right where you need it to be 6” X 50” so although it is quite long it does only have a width of 6” which you may find difficult when working on bigger projects.
It also has a ½” measurement grid like many of the others previously mentioned, which of course you know, makes it easier to align your design.
- Used by professionals.
- ½” measurement guide.
- Clear tape.
- Only 6” X 50” although long in length, shorter than most others in width.
- ❤【GREAT SAVINGS】Total of 50 feet long roll, get excellent savings from our transfer tape for vinyl with an added 40 more bonus feet than the other vinyl transfer tape roll brands. you’ll not only appreciate the length and price, you’ll also appreciate its premium craftable quality because this transfer paper vinyl was designed using strict quality control and using only the best materials. Perfect for all your crafting needs, REALLY SAVE MONEY!
- ❤【MORE PRECISE】Our clear transfer paper roll, unlike ordinary decal transfer paper for vinyl, comes with 1/2” see through squares RED-GRID alignment making your project MUCH EASIER and EFFICIENTLY when transferring your project. The grid allows you to place vinyl exactly as intended, especially for the small works to provide more accurate positioning. SAVING YOUR VALUABLE TIME!
- ❤【MEDIUM TACK & EASY TO USE】QUICK AND EASY RELEASE that does not leave a sticky residue on your vinyl and won’t rip or tear your project! It’s the perfect alignment paper so your projects go on straight and even every time.Our transfer paper for makes it efficient and easy to transfer your design to any smooth surface such as metal,plastics,sign stickers,walls,ceramics,glass and porcelain. Just the right amount of glue will make sure your project transfer beautifully. No MESS - NO FUSS!
- ❤【VERSATILE】 Our 6” x 50’ vinyl transfer paper roll is a high-quality, medium tack transfer application paper designed to accommodate a wide variety of Adhesive vinyl uses. It can work with Cameo, Silhouette, Provo Craft, Vinyl, Pazzles, oracal transfer tape and much more.With its versatility, you can use this for just about any projects that need transfer, both outdoor or indoor!
- ❤【SATISFACTIED SERVICE】We truly believe that the superior quality Clear Vinyl Transfer Tape Roll with reasonable price, which make your life simple and colorful! If your product does not perform to your expectations, please contact us immediately to report the issue. We will make every effort to ensure your satisfaction!
A high quality tape, providing you with the ability to handle any project you want. It doesn’t struggle with rough surfaces, in fact quite the opposite.
This product is a medium-high tact, ensuring the more difficult surfaces still look perfect when you’re finished. Honestly it works on all different types of surfaces such as plastic, ceramics and metal surfaces.
It’s also a huge, 6” X 100” meaning you will not be running out of it anytime soon. Oh and we almost forgot to mention that it peels residue free.
- The length is a whopping 100”
- Works on plenty of different materials.
- Leaves no residue when peeled.
- Only 6” in width.
- PAPER TRANSFER TAPE: 12 inch x 100 feet PAPER Tape is MEDIUM-HIGH TACK with just the right amount of rubber-based adhesive makes moving your design and the application of vinyl graphics/lettering simple. The ease of installation also means the outcome for your design will be improved. Use paper transfer tape for graphic designs, lettering, scrapbooking, and sign-making.
- EASY TO USE: Our PAPER transfer tape is easy to work with. It lays flat making it easier to transfer your design to applicable surfaces such as ceramics, glass, metal, plastics, windows, and walls without leaving a sticky residue. Making this transfer tape easy to use for professionals and novices alike. Use for dry or wet applications.
- CLEAN REMOVAL: While the adhesive on this vinyl application tape will keep everything securely in place, it can be removed cleanly and easily. This means that not only do you not have to worry about the transfer tape moving or coming up before you want it to, you also do not have to worry about the adhesive leaving frustrating, sticky marks behind. This application tape will help you maintain the quality of your vinyl graphics during the transfer.
- NOT FOR USE WITH HEAT TRANSFER VINYL OR ANY LASER CUTTERS, ENGRAVERS or LASER DEVICES
- MADE IN THE USA! Our PAPER TRANSFER TAPE is made with 100% American-made materias for guaranteed quality. We are dedicated to going the extra mile to provide quality transfer tape for vinyl that we are proud of.
Cricut Joy Transfer Tape is a highly regarded transfer tape. If you’re looking for the most compatible transfer tape for your small Cricut machine, it’s a safe bet to go with the vinyl transfer tape that Cricut makes themselves.
The product is also a 5.5″ x 240″. This helps you tackle a lot of projects, since there’s so much length on the vinyl roll.
You can use Cricut’s transfer tape on a variety of surfaces, from glass and ceramics to wood and other hard surfaces.
- A 240″ in length. Meaning it can cover a longer surface.
- Good with multiple surfaces.
- Only 5.5″ in width.
- 1 roll 5.5 inches x 48 inches (13.9 cm x 121.9 cm)
- Easily transfer your vinyl designs to a variety of project surfaces
- Compatible with most vinyl types
- Not recommended for glitter or shimmer vinyl
- For Cricut Joy
This product is a medium tact product, like some previously mentioned in this list, making it easy to use and easy to transfer your designs. It is also a great 12” X 50” which is considerably wider than some of the others mentioned.
It also has a ½” measurement grid which of course you already know, makes lining everything up that much easier. And just like some of the others mentioned is also a clear tape which should hopefully leave you feeling less anxious about the design you’re transferring.
- 12” X 50 “ which makes it great for the larger projects.
- ½” measurement grid.
- Clear tape.
- Only being a medium tact makes it a struggle for it to be used on the rougher surfaces.
- New pressurized medium tack transfer paper for decals, signage and more
- Using patented adhesive that is completely safe on walls without removing paints, coatings and more.
- Can be used on curved surfaces. New thicker construction allows for a more accurate application on larger uneven surfaces. ( like the sides of cars, walls, mugs and more!)
- Thanks to UV absorbers added into the material and adhesive, this material can be stored in your shop for much longer periods (4 yrs) than the competition ( 9mo-1yr)
Measurement Grid VS No Measurement Grid
Having the grid is of great help to most beginners as quite frankly it lets you completely align your project up perfectly. Where as when you have no measurement grid, you may be leaving it up for a bit of a hit and hope scenario.
Does Size Really Matter?
Well in this case it does, but of course that’s dependent on the overall size of your project, if you stick to small designs then you should be okay with the smaller tapes.
However, if you’re drawn to the bigger designs then you’ll definitely want to purchase the bigger tapes.
Medium Tact vs Strong Tact
This normally lies on what kind of surface that you like to transfer onto, if you use relatively smooth surfaces you shouldn’t run into any problems with a medium tact tape however, if you prefer to use a more detailed rough surface its recommended to use a strong tact.
Compatible Cutting Tools
As you have read many of the products here work very well with lots of different cutting tools, that being said it’s always best before you purchase just to double check that the tape you’re buying does work with your specific cutting tool, whichever that may be.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Important Is A Measurement Grid?
Well it depends on how confident you are as the person applying the designs, measurement grids definitely make your life much easier than just doing everything by eye sight.
Does Medium Tact Work On Rough Surfaces?
It’s not necessarily that it won’t work, but it certainly won’t give you as good as a finish as using a strong tact, but that’s based off of the surface that you’re using. If it’s a smooth surface you will be okay using a medium tact tape.
Is The Size Of The Tape Important?
Yes it most definitely is important to make sure you pick the right sized tape for the kind of size the project that you’re working on is going to be.
It’s also better to get a tape whose length is considerably long, that way you’re guaranteed to get your money’s worth out of it, who knows if you’re just beginning you may make a few mistakes before you start to succeed.
Is Clear Tape Important?
Whether a tape is clear or not won’t make any difference to your final project however, it will make it a lot easier for you to know what you’re doing when you’re doing it.
It makes the process a much easier one and less stressful if you’re just starting out and haven’t quite mastered your craft just yet.
Is A Medium Tact Any Good For Things Such As Glitter?
Although a medium tact is great for most things when it comes to materials such as glitter you often find yourself struggling to pick up every single last particle, so if you plan to use materials like glitter, your best bet is using a strong tact.